BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin 2017 is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our Engineering team. BigCommerce has established itself as the leading SaaS platform for merchants to build and grow their businesses via online storefronts.
You will be a member of our integrations team incorporating 3rd parties into the BigCommerce platform expanding the options available to our clients when setting up a store. BigCommerce offers a heavily collaborative environment helping you expand your skill set and take ideas from inception to delivery.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years experience in building systems using at least two different languages: PHP, Ruby, Scala, Python, Java, etc... We primarily use Ruby, PHP, and Scala.
- Experience building integrations with 3rd party SOAP/REST API providers that can span multiple code sets, fail gracefully, and be highly extendable.
- Experience with Full Stack Development and OOP/MVC design patterns/principles.
- Experience building distributed and/or SOA architectures (desirable)
- Experience with SaaS platforms or Cloud Computing (desirable)
- Experience with application profiling/optimization (desirable)
- Solid UNIX knowledge.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Excited to learn new technologies
What You’ll Do:
- Help design/architect/execute the building of new services for the BigCommerce platform.
- Build highly-available, distributed systems.
- Write code that is performant, fault-tolerant, maintainable, testable, and concise.
- Work closely with ops/infrastructure to improve our architecture and scalability
- Work on Ruby microservices.
- Work on our core PHP application.
- Push yourself to learn the full BigCommerce tech stack: Scala, Docker, Node, and more…
Our mission is to revolutionize commerce, bringing online selling and features once reserved for multi-billion-dollar companies to the masses. To make that a reality, we need exceptional people to build, support and grow our platform. If that’s you, come join a fast-growing company with more than 85,000 clients, a great culture, outstanding benefits and $125 million in funding from visionary investors like Steve Case's Revolution Partners, Softbank, Amex and Telstra.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Four especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven team building activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events